Friday, January 07, 2005

TRYING

Well here I go again... as soon as my son Ronin goes to sleep (which should be soon) I am going to try to cast on. I have been trying to teach myself how to knit for a couple of months, and so far I can barely do the slip knot at the beginning. It is very frustrating, and tomorrow I am going a knitting group to see if any one there is gracious enough to show me how to start. I just want to say that I went to the only yarn store in this town (in late September), and since I saw a sign that said "20 per hour for knitting lessons" I asked the woman when she would be available. She looked at the sign, looked at me and said "Actually, it is 40 an hour, and I don't know when I would have the time." Let me tell all of you reading this how much that turned me off to the store, and to asking for help. Now I am finally ready to try again. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home