Wednesday, March 09, 2005

VACATION

Since we are leaving tomorrow morning for vacation this will be my last post until we get back on the 15th. We are going to Charlotte to visit the in-laws. I am pretty excited because there is a LYS there that I am going to try to visit. Hopefully, I will add to my small stash.
Also, since we are going to be in the car for three hours before we even get on the plane I am planning to take my knitting and finish two scarves, and cast on for another on for my mother-in-law. We will see how that goes. Hard to plan anything when you are traveling with a 10 month old that is cutting teeth.
Yesterday in the mail I got the best package from my Secret Pal! I opened while standing by the mail box. I got two knitting magazines that I had never read before, an awesome row counter that sticks on the needle so you can count rows right there, and this other little thing that looks like a tiny crochet. I am sad to say that in all my knitting inexperience I do not know what the heck this is. It looks fun. If you are reading this Secret Pal could you let me know what that is used for?
When I get back from vacation (yes I am sooooo excited - and I just can't hide it - you know the words!) I am going to do a knit along with a girl I met here. She is really experienced, and I hope that I can keep up! We are going to do a felted purse! Yeah, all girls love purses!!!! Cannot wait to finish and felt it! FELTING!!! So EXCITING!

2 Comments:

Blogger alice said...

ooo i hope i catch you befor you go away... i was just wondering if you ever got your february flower? the lovely lady who sent things to you said it was mailed out mid-february, so i was just wondering if it got lost in the mail, or if you were busy and couldnt post... (both of which are understandable!) just checking in :) oh, and... vacations ROCK! glad to see you're making the best of your time car-knitting and all... heh.

12:55 PM  
Blogger secret pal said...

It is a little crochet hook to use for when/if you drop a sstitch. This makes it easier to pick up that stitch. Have fun on your trip. Post some pictures of some of your FOs. I'll try and have something ready for when you get back. Be safe!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home