Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hating I-cord

I really and truly hate doing i-cord.... This is the first time that I have done it, and I think that I have never dislike doing something more! I don't even know why I hate it so much. It just feels wrong, and I cannot think of another way to do the handle for the booga bag. I am stick doing this for another 5 feet or so. Arrgghhh. I just wanted to be done and felt the bag already. I suppose I don't like the i-cord because I thought it would go much faster than it is. Oh, well... It will get done, and then I am planning on doing the clapotis... and casting on for Christmas presents.
I know it is only April, but hey, I am a terribly slow knitter. If I truly intend to knit something for all the people that I want to I better start now!

3 Comments:

Blogger secret pal said...

I - Cords are so easy though. Are you sure you're doing it right? It should take no time at all to whip the entire thing out.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

There's a thing you can buy from Joann or Michaels that does i-cord for you. I think it is about $12.00 or something. It's in the knitting section. It doesn't work with all yarns, though, only worsted or heavy worsted. Hope this helps (sorry, can't recall the name of it but it is something like "Embellish-Knit."

5:51 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I might be doing it wrong, but it is going faster now.., It almost looks like a tube. I really could not find any instructions in the many books on knitting that were terribly clear about this. Hmmm... am probably doing it all wrong.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home