Friday, October 07, 2005

Books

Books are my friends, and I am alright with that. I have always been what some people referred to as a "bookworm." I could read all day long if I had the time, and something moderately interesting to read. There in lies the problem that I have been having lately - I cannot seem to just browse the library/bookstore and randomly pick up something that looks interesting. I like many different types of books, and I will read just about anything (although I am partial to mysteries, and camelot type stories).
What does someone do when they really don't know anyone that reads, and they want a reccomendation? I don't know yet, but if I figure it out I will let you know.
Thanks for listening --- whoever is out there.
I am lonely. I really need friends!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily Santiago said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:10 PM  
Blogger cecily said...

Angela, I'm your SP6 Hostess, and I am one of the biggest bookworms you could ever meet. I was one of those kids that always carried around two books minimum, in case I finished one, so...here's a list of my recs. :)

Books to recommend from your SP6 Hostess:

Anything by John Irving, Margaret George, Wally Lamb, Christopher Moore, David Sedaris, or Jodi Picoult.

Harry Potter series if you haven't read those...

Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon

Girlfriend in a Coma by Douglas Coupland

Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri

maaaany others!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Shhhh.... said...

Depends on the type of book you like, if you give me an idea I can offer suggestions

I also was checking to see if your 1st package arrived yet and if you liked your gifts?

8:10 PM  
Blogger Connor Wilson said...

Every year my son Dylan and I have been building our Halloween animatronic display. This year we added 12 new figures and my wife had been making the clothes etc. but then I clued in that Halloween Costumes were the ideal solution - ya, ok I'm slow but...This year is really cool because we've done an HP Lovecraft display that I'm sure he'd appreciate but I'm not so sure he'd approve of this - The Necronomicon - Is it just me or is that just plain goofy ? Anyway, everybody is doing their own Haunted House thing now but hey - it's fun and if you've got kids I really suggest you try it yourself if you haven't already. It's a nice change from the usual Christmas Lights routine and a lot of scaaarrry fun. Happy Halloween everybody.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home