Thursday, December 15, 2005

I GOT MY WISH!!!!! IT SNOWED!!!! (It is all melted now, but that is beside the point.) I woke up yesterday morning to about 3 inches of fluffy white goodness. It was spectacular. I shoveled. I scraped, I trudged, and I loved every minute of it! Then my little woke up, and I got to show him the snow… He calls it woah… He smiled and shivered when he touched it. The whole morning was priceless.


So, I have started my first cable project, the Irish Hiking Wrist warmers…. I really don’t know if I am actually doing this correctly. I hope that I am because I would really hate to have two messed up projects in a row. (the other one being the braided neckpiece – more on that later)

I also started my DH’s Ravenclaw scarf. I made it 10 stitches bigger than the pattern called for because at first I thought that it would be neat to know how many stitches I had done without having to really think about it… So, I cast on 100 stitches… now every row I know how many stitches I am at… I don’t like it at all. I think that it is sooooo boring. This is why I started on the cables. I thought that I was going to go out of my mind… Straight knitting is so very mind numbing. Last night I really needed something new, and cables definitely fit that bill.

Did I mention that I have to rip out half of the 2nd half of the braided neckpiece? The straps were much too long, and I know that I followed that pattern to the letter. I think the alpaca yarn that I used stretched way too much. I think that I am going to have to take out about 10 rows of the braids, but I am putting on hold for a bit because I am so disappointed. See th pic!!!


Yesterday we went to a near by town to do some Christmas shopping. (We just put the tree up two nights ago, and my little has not left it alone since- it is a good thing that we decided to not put any of the glass ornaments on the tree this year. We just bought some cheap plastic ones that are still fairly purty.)

Since I know how to do pics, I am going to show you the great stuff that I got from my secret pal!!! I still don't know who it was, but they were wonderful!!! Thanks again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home